The super PAC started by comedian Stephen Colbert has officially closed its doors, according to filings posted late Tuesday night on the Federal Election Commission’s website. Americans for a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow Inc.– a super PAC created to mock the 2010 Supreme Court ruling that allowed such entities to form - raked in more than $1.2 million since its start-up in the summer of 2011, the reports showed.
In a post on the super PAC’s website, Colbert attributed the closing of the group to the “timely passing” of Ham Rove, the super PAC’s adviser and chief strategist. The character is actually a large piece of meat that wears glasses and is meant to bear the likeness of Karl Rove, political strategist to former President George W. Bush.
- lucille-balls likes this
- sunnythefangirl reblogged this from ladyofdecember and added:
- ladyofdecember reblogged this from tartantambourine and added:
- ladyofdecember likes this
- love-courage-ham-and-a-spoon likes this
- tartantambourine posted this